Lidocaine topical patch - Kaken PharmaceuticalAlternative Names: KN 48
Latest Information Update: 02 Sep 2015
At a glance
- Originator Kaken Pharmaceutical
- Class Acetanilides; Class Ib antiarrhythmics; Local anaesthetics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Opioid receptor agonists; Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neuralgia
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 14 Jul 2004 Phase-II clinical trials in postherpetic neuralgia in Japan (unspecified route)