SMP 797Alternative Names: SMP-797
Latest Information Update: 30 Jan 2007
At a glance
- Originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Sterol O-acyltransferase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 01 Oct 2005 Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals has merged with Dainippon Pharmaceutical to form Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- 13 May 2005 Phase-II clinical trials in Hypercholesterolaemia in Europe (unspecified route)
- 13 May 2005 Phase-I clinical trials in Hypercholesterolaemia in Japan (unspecified route)