Research programme: neuroprotective therapies - BMSAlternative Names: BMS 554216
Latest Information Update: 17 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Indoles
- Mechanism of Action Potassium channel agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Spinal cord injuries; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 17 Jan 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Stroke in USA (unspecified route)
- 17 Jan 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Spinal cord injuries in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Aug 2004 Preclinical trials in Spinal cord injuries in USA (unspecified route)