Propofol phosphateAlternative Names: Neuprox™; Propofol prodrug
Latest Information Update: 30 May 2011
At a glance
- Originator Vyrex Corporation
- Class General anaesthetics; Phenols; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action GABA receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Anaesthesia; Migraine; Neurological disorders; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 31 Aug 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Parkinson's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 31 Aug 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Neurological disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 31 Aug 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Migraine in USA (unspecified route)