Research programme: anti-angiogenic ocular gene therapies - Advanced Vision TherapiesAlternative Names: AVT-1; AVT-2
Latest Information Update: 04 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Advanced Vision Therapies
- Class Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Age-related macular degeneration; Diabetic retinopathy; Retinitis pigmentosa
Most Recent Events
- 13 Sep 2006 This programme is still in active development
- 17 Aug 2004 Preclinical trials in Diabetic retinopathy in USA (unspecified route)
- 17 Aug 2004 Preclinical trials in Age-related macular degeneration in USA (unspecified route)