Metronidazole pulsatile - AdvancisAlternative Names: Metronidazole PULSYS™; Pulsatile metronidazole; PULSYS™-enhanced metronidazole
Latest Information Update: 15 May 2007
At a glance
- Originator Advancis Pharmaceutical
- Class Antibacterials; Antiprotozoals; Nitroimidazoles; Radiosensitisers; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 15 May 2007 Discontinued - Phase-I/II for Bacterial infections in USA (PO)
- 20 Aug 2004 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Bacterial infections in USA (PO)