Butorphanol intranasalAlternative Names: Intranasal butorphanol spray
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2009
At a glance
- Originator Ikano Therapeutics
- Class Antimigraines; Morphinans; Opioid analgesics
- Mechanism of Action Opioid receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Migraine; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 22 May 2009 Discontinued - Phase-III for Pain in USA (Intranasal)
- 22 May 2009 Discontinued - Phase-III for Migraine in USA (Intranasal)
- 22 Aug 2005 Intranasal Technology is now called Intranasal Therapeutics