Research programme: cancer and antiviral therapeutics - SyntonixAlternative Names: Interferon-α-Fc; T20-Fc
Latest Information Update: 25 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Syntonix Pharmaceuticals
- Class Interferons
- Mechanism of Action HIV fusion inhibitors; Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Hepatitis C; HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 01 Feb 2007 Syntonix Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Biogen Idec
- 23 Aug 2004 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Aug 2004 Preclinical trials in HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)