Research programme: multiple sclerosis therapies - Syntonix Pharmaceuticals/Merck SeronoAlternative Names: interferon-beta:Fc; Interferon-β-Fc
Latest Information Update: 25 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Syntonix Pharmaceuticals
- Class Interferons; Recombinant fusion proteins
- Mechanism of Action Interferon beta stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Multiple sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 01 Feb 2007 Syntonix Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Biogen Idec
- 08 Jan 2007 Serono is now called Merck Serono
- 05 Jan 2007 Serono has been acquired by Merck KGaA