Research programme: gamma secretase inhibitors - MerckAlternative Names: MRK-003; MRK-560
Latest Information Update: 06 Sep 2010
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Benzodiazepines; Small molecules; Sulfonamides; Sulfones
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid precursor protein secretase inhibitors; Notch signalling pathway inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease; Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 16 Apr 2008 Pharmacodynamics and adverse events data from a preclinical trial in Cancer presented at the 99th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR-2008)
- 16 Apr 2008 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (PO)
- 06 Sep 2004 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in United Kingdom (PO)