Research programme: pain therapeutics - Schering-PloughAlternative Names: opioid like receptor 1 agonists; ORG 26383; ORG 27899; ORL-1 agonists
Latest Information Update: 26 Jan 2010
At a glance
- Originator Organon
- Developer Schering-Plough
- Class Benzimidazoles
- Mechanism of Action Nociceptin receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Pain; Sedation
Most Recent Events
- 19 Nov 2007 Organon has been acquired and merged into Schering-Plough
- 06 Sep 2004 Preclinical trials in Pain in Scotland (unspecified route)