Research programme: selective estrogen receptor modulators - Eisai/RadiusAlternative Names: ER-306323; ER-308698; SERMs research programme - Eisai/Radius
Latest Information Update: 25 May 2010
At a glance
- Originator Eisai Co Ltd
- Class Tetrahydronaphthalenes
- Mechanism of Action Selective estrogen receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued CNS disorders; Menopausal syndrome; Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jan 2008 RAD 1901 has moved into clinical development for the treatment of hot flushes
- 29 Jun 2006 Radius has licensed exclusive rights to SERMs worldwide, excluding Japan
- 06 Sep 2004 Preclinical trials in CNS disorders in Japan (Intraperitoneal)