Research programme: phosphodiesterase IV inhibitors - Dainippon Sumitomo PharmaAlternative Names: OS-0217
Latest Information Update: 08 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- Class Pyridines
- Mechanism of Action Type 4 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma
Most Recent Events
- 08 Feb 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Asthma in Japan (PO)
- 01 Oct 2005 Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals has merged with Dainippon Pharmaceutical to form Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- 09 Sep 2004 Preclinical trials in Asthma in Japan (PO)