Research programme: gamma secretase inhibitors - AstraZeneca
Latest Information Update: 18 Jan 2007
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid precursor protein secretase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jan 2007 No development reported - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Sep 2004 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)