Research programme: beta amyloid aggregation inhibitors - Astellas Pharma/PfizerAlternative Names: PD 0118057; PD 0202091
Latest Information Update: 03 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator Astellas Pharma; Pfizer
- Class Anthranilic acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid beta-protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 03 Aug 2009 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA and Japan
- 11 Apr 2005 Yamanouchi has merged with Fujisawa to form Astellas Pharma
- 10 Sep 2004 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in Japan (unspecified route)