AVE 5883Alternative Names: AVE-5883
Latest Information Update: 17 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antiasthmatics
- Mechanism of Action Neurokinin 1 receptor antagonists; Neurokinin 2 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jun 2006 Data presented at the 102nd International Conference of the American Thoracic Society (ATS-2006) have been added to the Obstructive Airways Disease therapeutic trials section
- 29 Sep 2004 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Asthma in USA (Inhalation)
- 29 Sep 2004 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Asthma in Netherlands (Inhalation)