Research programme: zinc finger protein-based therapeutics - Sangamo/LifeScanAlternative Names: ZFN-based therapeutics - Sangamo Therapeutics/LifeScan
Latest Information Update: 12 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Originator Sangamo BioSciences
- Class Cell therapies; Gene therapies; Zinc finger DNA binding proteins
- Mechanism of Action Genetic transcription modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Unspecified
Most Recent Events
- 06 Jan 2017 Sangamo Biosciences is now called Sangamo Therapeutics
- 07 Apr 2008 This research programme is ongoing