Research programme: age-related macular degeneration therapy - Genaera
Latest Information Update: 21 Jan 2010
At a glance
- Originator Genaera Corporation
- Class Small molecules; Sterols
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Age-related macular degeneration
Most Recent Events
- 08 Oct 2004 Preclinical trials in Age-related macular degeneration in USA (PO)