Research programme: Alzheimer's disease therapies - Siena BiotechAlternative Names: SEN 12333; SEN 34625; WAY-317538; WYE-103914
Latest Information Update: 27 Sep 2011
At a glance
- Originator Siena Biotech
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 21 Oct 2009 Preclinical pharmacodynamics data presented at the 39th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN-2009) ,
- 16 Oct 2009 Wyeth has been acquired by Pfizer
- 20 Nov 2007 Pharmacodynamics data from a preclinical study presented at the 37th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN-2007) have been added to the Psychotic disorders pharmacodynamics section