Research programme: anti-HIV microbicides - GlaxoSmithKline/IPMAlternative Names: Anti-HIV microbicides research programme - GlaxoSmithKline/IPM
Latest Information Update: 13 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline; International Partnership for Microbicides
- Mechanism of Action Virus internalisation inhibitors; Virus replication inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 13 Mar 2008 No development reported - Preclinical for HIV infections in USA (Vaginal)
- 12 Oct 2004 Preclinical trials in HIV infections prevention in USA (Vaginal)