TA 5538Alternative Names: TA-5538
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Tanabe Seiyaku
- Class Urologics
- Mechanism of Action Neurokinin 1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Overactive bladder
Most Recent Events
- 12 May 2010 Discontinued - Phase-II for Overactive bladder in Europe (unspecified route)
- 12 May 2010 Discontinued - Phase-II for Overactive bladder in Japan (unspecified route)
- 01 Oct 2007 Tanabe Seiyaku Co. Ltd merged with Mitsubishi Pharma Corporation to form Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation