Latest Information Update: 09 Dec 2010
At a glance
- Originator Yaupon Therapeutics
- Class Alkaloids; Nicotine replacement therapy; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Nicotinic receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neuropathic pain; Smoking withdrawal
Most Recent Events
- 09 May 2009 Pharmacodynamics data from a preclinical trial in Neuropathic pain presented at the 28th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Pain Society (APS-2009)
- 20 Nov 2007 Pharmacodynamics data presented at the 37th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN-2007)
- 02 Feb 2005 Nornicotine is available for licensing (http://www.yaupontherapeutics.com)