Research programme: protease inhibitors - Jiangsu Hengrui/Medivir
Latest Information Update: 22 Feb 2007
At a glance
- Originator Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co.; Medivir AB
- Mechanism of Action Peptide hydrolase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 22 Feb 2007 Medivir and Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co. extend research collaboration
- 18 Feb 2005 This programme is still in active development
- 30 Nov 2003 Preclinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in China (unspecified route)