Research programme: next-generation virulizin compounds - Lorus TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Neo-virulizin; Next-generation virulizin compounds research programme - Lorus
Latest Information Update: 29 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Lorus Therapeutics
- Class Bile acids and salts
- Mechanism of Action Macrophage stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 29 Feb 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 02 Nov 2005 This programme is still in active development
- 05 Nov 2004 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)