Research programme: HIV protease inhibitors - Abbott LaboratoriesAlternative Names: A-681799; A-790742; A-792611
Latest Information Update: 22 Jan 2013
At a glance
- Originator Abbott Laboratories
- Class Dipeptides; Pyridines
- Mechanism of Action HIV protease inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 02 Jan 2013 Abbott separates its pharmaceuticals business to new company called AbbVie
- 02 Feb 2006 Data presented at the 45th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC-2005) have been added to the Viral Infections pharmacodynamics section
- 22 Sep 2005 Data presented at the 230th American Chemical Society National Meeting (230th-ACS-2005) have been added to the pharmacokinetics section