Research programme: Gram-negative antibacterials - SIGA
Latest Information Update: 23 Sep 2014
At a glance
- Originator Washington University
- Developer SIGA Technologies
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gram-negative infections
Most Recent Events
- 26 Apr 2005 This programme is still in active development
- 28 Feb 1998 Preclinical trials in Gram-negative infections in USA (PO)