OtenabantAlternative Names: CP-945,598
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Anorectics; Obesity therapies; Piperidines; Purines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cannabinoid receptor CB1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 06 Nov 2008 Discontinued - Phase-III for Obesity in Australia (PO)
- 06 Nov 2008 Discontinued - Phase-III for Obesity in Europe (PO)
- 06 Nov 2008 Discontinued - Phase-III for Obesity in North America (PO)