Research programme: therapeutic antibodies - Biogen/Shire
Latest Information Update: 29 Jan 2016
At a glance
- Originator Biogen Idec; Dyax
- Developer Biogen; Shire
- Class Antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
- Available For Licensing Yes - Cancer
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer; Neurological disorders; Unspecified
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jan 2016 Dyax has been acquired by and merged into Shire
- 23 Mar 2015 Biogen Idec is now called Biogen
- 04 Feb 2011 Research programme: therapeutic antibodies - Biogen Idec/Dyax is available for licensing as of 04 Feb 2011.