Research programme: amyotrophic lateral sclerosis therapies - CepTorAlternative Names: C-202
Latest Information Update: 09 Jul 2007
At a glance
- Originator CepTor Corporation
- Class Alkanesulfonic-acids; Amino acids; Antiepileptic drugs; Pentanoic acids
- Mechanism of Action Calpain inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 01 Mar 2005 Ceptor Corporation is now an independent company
- 26 Feb 2004 Preclinical trials in Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in USA (unspecified route)