Latest Information Update: 24 Aug 2006
At a glance
- Originator Encysive Pharmaceuticals
- Class Anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Alpha4-beta7 integrin antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammatory bowel diseases
Most Recent Events
- 23 Aug 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Inflammatory bowel disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 21 Dec 2004 Preclinical trials in Inflammatory bowel disease in USA (unspecified route)