Research programme: CNS iron chelators - BTG
Latest Information Update: 05 May 2006
At a glance
- Originator Kings College London
- Developer BTG
- Mechanism of Action Chelating agents
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 04 May 2004 Preclinical trials in Parkinson's disease in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 04 May 2004 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in United Kingdom (unspecified route)