Research programme: polyethylene glycol therapeutics - Medtronic Sofamor Danek
Latest Information Update: 05 Jul 2011
At a glance
- Originator Medtronic Sofamor Danek
- Class Magnesium compounds; Polyethylene glycols
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Spinal cord injuries
Most Recent Events
- 19 Nov 2008 Pharmacodynamics data from a preclinical trial in Spinal cord injuries presented at the 38th Annual Meeting for the Society of Neuroscience (SfN-2008)
- 07 Nov 2007 Pharmacodynamics data from a preclinical study in Spinal cord injuries presented at the 37th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN-2007)
- 28 Dec 2004 The PEG technology has been licensed to Medtronic Sofamor Danek in the USA