SERCA 2a gene therapy - Celladon CorporationAlternative Names: AAV1/SERCA2a; Congestive heart failure gene therapy; MYDICAR; SERCA2a gene therapy
Latest Information Update: 19 May 2016
At a glance
- Originator Celladon; Targeted Genetics
- Developer Celladon; Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Class Gene therapies; Heart failure therapies
- Mechanism of Action Adenosine triphosphatase stimulants; Gene transference; Sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium-transporting ATPase modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Heart failure; Pulmonary arterial hypertension; Renal failure
- Discontinued Urinary incontinence
Most Recent Events
- 22 Mar 2016 Celladon has merged with Eiger BioPharmaceuticals and the combined company is now called Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 23 Feb 2016 Celladon teminates a phase II trial for Heart failure (in patients with LVAD) in United Kingdom (NCT00534703)
- 01 Feb 2016 Assistance Publique - Hôpitaux de Paris and Celladon terminates the phase II AGENT-HF trial in Heart failure in France (NCT01966887)
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Development Overview
- Drug Properties & Chemical Synopsis
- Trial Landscape
- Development Status
- Commercial Information
- Scientific Summary
- Development History