Research programme: macrocyclic neuroprotective therapies - Neuren PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: NNZ 2599; NNZ 2606
Latest Information Update: 18 Apr 2006
At a glance
- Originator Neuren Pharmaceuticals
- Class Macrocyclic compounds
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 18 Apr 2006 This programme is still in active development
- 10 Jan 2005 Preclinical trials in Neuroprotection in New Zealand (unspecified route)