Interferon alpha-2b - BiolexAlternative Names: Alfa interferon - Biolex; BLX-883
Latest Information Update: 01 Oct 2012
At a glance
- Originator Biolex
- Class Antineoplastics; Antivirals; Interferons
- Mechanism of Action Interferon alpha stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 04 Nov 2005 Biolex has completed a phase I trial in USA and the UK
- 25 Feb 2005 Phase-I clinical trials in Cancer in United Kingdom (unspecified route)