Research programme: anticancer therapeutics - TanoxAlternative Names: Hodgkin's lymphoma therapy - Tanox; TNX 833
Latest Information Update: 10 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Tanox
- Class Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Cytokine modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hodgkin's disease
Most Recent Events
- 03 Aug 2007 Tanox has been acquired by Genentech
- 20 Dec 2005 Tanox has filed an IND with the FDA in USA for relapsed or refractory Hodgkin's lymphoma
- 07 Nov 2005 Preclinical trials in Hodgkin's disease in USA (Parenteral)