Research programme: acute inflammatory disease therapy - TanoxAlternative Names: Acute inflammatory disease therapy research programme - Tanox; TNX 558
Latest Information Update: 10 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Tanox
- Class Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Complement C5a inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 03 Aug 2007 Tanox has been acquired by Genentech
- 04 May 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 31 Oct 2004 Preclinical trials in Inflammation in USA (Injection)