Rifampicin - AlphaRxAlternative Names: Rifampicin nanoparticles - AlphaRx; Rifamsolin
Latest Information Update: 23 Sep 2011
At a glance
- Originator AlphaRx
- Class Antibacterials; Antineoplastics; Antituberculars; Hepatoprotectants; Rifamycins
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed RNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Tuberculosis
Most Recent Events
- 05 Jul 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Tuberculosis in Canada (PO)
- 27 May 2008 AlphaRx establishes CRADA with US Army for the development of antibacterial nanoparticles in severe intracellular bacterial infections
- 07 Feb 2005 Preclinical trials in Tuberculosis in Canada (PO)