Melanoma vaccine - Novavax/NCI
Latest Information Update: 11 Nov 2009
At a glance
- Originator National Cancer Institute (USA); Novavax
- Class Cancer vaccines; Virus-like particle vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Malignant melanoma
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jun 2005 Phase-I clinical trials in Malignant melanoma in USA (unspecified route)
- 09 Feb 2005 Preclinical trials in Malignant melanoma in USA (unspecified route)