Diabetes therapy - Akesis PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: AKP-320
Latest Information Update: 20 Apr 2009
At a glance
- Originator Akesis Pharmaceuticals
- Class Chromium compounds; Vanadium compounds
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 06 Feb 2009 Discontinued - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 15 May 2006 Akesis and Profil Institute for Clinical Research have signed a consulting agreement for clinical trials in type 2 diabetes
- 14 Feb 2005 Clinical trials in Diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)