Research programme: diabetes/obesity therapy - Benitec/The Garvan Institute of Medical Research
Latest Information Update: 18 Sep 2007
At a glance
- Originator Benitec Ltd
- Class Small interfering RNA
- Mechanism of Action RNA inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus; Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 14 Feb 2005 Preclinical trials in Obesity in Australia (unspecified route)
- 14 Feb 2005 Preclinical trials in Diabetes mellitus in Australia (unspecified route)