Latest Information Update: 31 Oct 2007
At a glance
- Originator Merck KGaA
- Class Antithrombotics
- Mechanism of Action Factor Xa inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Arterial thrombosis; Venous thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 31 Oct 2007 Discontinued - Phase-I for Venous thrombosis in USA (PO)
- 31 Oct 2007 Discontinued - Phase-I for Arterial thrombosis in USA (PO)
- 08 Jun 2006 Phase-I clinical trials in Venous thrombosis in USA (unspecified route)