Research programme: LDL receptor-transferrin fusion protein - Shire PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: LDL receptor-transferrin fusion protein research programme - Transkaryotic Therapies; LDL receptor-transferrin fusion protein research programme: Shire Pharmaceuticals; LDL-cholesterol lowering therapies research programme - Transkaryotic Therapies; LDLR/TF; Research programme: LDL-cholesterol lowering therapies - Shire Pharmaceuticals; TX-1501
Latest Information Update: 19 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- Class Recombinant fusion proteins
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipoproteinaemia type II
Most Recent Events
- 28 Jul 2005 Transkaryotic Therapies has been acquired and merged into Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- 16 Feb 2005 Preclinical trials in Familial hypercholesterolaemia in USA (unspecified route)