TetrandrineAlternative Names: Tranex 18
Latest Information Update: 07 Sep 2009
At a glance
- Originator Millenia Hope
- Class Alkaloids; Antiarrhythmics; Antihypertensives; Antimalarials; Antineoplastics; Benzylisoquinolines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Colorectal cancer; Malaria
Most Recent Events
- 07 Sep 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Malaria in USA (unspecified route)
- 07 Sep 2009 Discontinued - Phase-III for Colorectal cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 11 Feb 2005 Preclinical trials in Malaria in USA (unspecified route)