Research programme: glycogen phosphorylase inhibitors - sanofi-aventisAlternative Names: AVE 2865; AVE 9423; Glycogen phosphorylase inhibitors research programme - sanofi-aventis
Latest Information Update: 18 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Mechanism of Action Glycogen phosphorylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Europe (unspecified route)
- 26 May 2006 In the latest pipeline of February 24, 2006, sanofi-aventis showed only AVE 9423 in preclinical development
- 26 May 2006 This programme is still in active development