Research programme: antiviral therapeutics - ChimerixAlternative Names: CMX 014; CMX 16669; CMX 521; CMX669
Latest Information Update: 10 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Chimerix
- Class Drug conjugates; Hypoxanthines
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors; Hepatitis C virus NS 5 protein inhibitors; Polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cytomegalovirus infections; Norovirus infections; Viral infections
- Research Influenza virus infections
- Discontinued Hepatitis B; Hepatitis C