Research programme: CFTR channel modulators - Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics/EPIXAlternative Names: CFTR regulators - Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics/EPIX
Latest Information Update: 16 Oct 2009
At a glance
- Originator Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics; EPIX Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cystic fibrosis
Most Recent Events
- 01 Oct 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cystic fibrosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 08 Apr 2008 CFFT increases potential payments to EPIX under new agreement
- 24 Jan 2008 EPIX receives milestone payment from Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics for development of CFTR ion channel model