Research programme: Alzheimer's disease therapies - Cellzome/Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical
Latest Information Update: 19 Aug 2008
At a glance
- Originator Cellzome; Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid precursor protein secretase modulators; Tau protein modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 12 Mar 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing for Alzheimer's disease
- 15 Mar 2007 Cellzome receives first milestone payment from Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical Inc.
- 18 Mar 2005 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in USA (PO)