Research programme: Alzheimer's disease therapies - BioFocus/SenexisAlternative Names: β-sheet breakers
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Galapagos NV; Senexis
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Alzheimer's-disease in United Kingdom (PO)
- 12 Dec 2005 Senexis and Galapagos have expanded their collaboration to include optimisation of novel inhibitors of amyloid-induced toxicity and neuroinflammation in the UK for Alzheimer's disease
- 04 Nov 2005 BioFocus has been acquired and merged into Galapagos NV