Research programme: multiple sclerosis therapies - Merck Serono
Latest Information Update: 25 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator Merck Serono
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Multiple sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 25 Mar 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Multiple sclerosis in France (unspecified route)
- 08 Jan 2007 Serono is now called Merck Serono
- 05 Jan 2007 Serono has been acquired by Merck KGaA